Explore one of New Zealand’s finest forest trails on this seven-hour hiking tour in the Whirinaki Forest from Rotorua.
- 9.00 a.m. pick-up at your hotel or at the Rotorua site
- Drop-off facility available as well
- Lunch provided (please specify if you need vegetarian options)
- Adult Ages 17+
- Child Ages 8 -16
Explore the Stunning Tongariro National Park
Explore the stunning Tongariro National Park with Foris Eco-tours. We travel to quiet corners of the park, take in stunning scenery, and learn about the rare alpine life and geology of one of the most dynamic environments on Earth.
We spend the day exploring NZ’s dual-listed World Heritage Site park. We craft a day walk to suit you, including the best scenery, stunning waterfalls, and spectacular geology. We go to places off the beaten track, avoid the Tongariro Crossing, and enjoy New Zealand’s first national park.
- Pick-up/meet in Rotorua at 8.00 a.m. or Taupo at 9.00 a.m. (one-hour travel time from Taupo or one hour 45 minutes from Rotorua)
- Start the day with the Taranaki Falls walk (two hours), take in stunning views of Mount Ruapehu and Mount Ngauruhoe, continue on to the Tama Lakes if fitness allows (four hours) or add Lake Rotopounamu if the group wants an easier walk).
- Lunch on route as day allows
- Return to Taupo/Rotorua