These fantastic birding trips are all about you. We offer shorebird and forest bird experiences depending on your preference.
Authentic Eco-Tourism Experiences
We offer unforgettable experiences for all travelers — enjoy stunning scenery, see rare birdlife, hike on an active volcano, visit a primordial rainforest, and more.
We operate out of Rotorua, Tauranga, and Taupo. Join us on a tour today!
Explore one of New Zealand’s finest forest trails on this seven-hour hiking tour in the Whirinaki Forest from Rotorua.
- 8+ years Ages 8+ years
- 7 hours Duration 7 hours
Foris Eco-Tours provide rich, high-quality small-group experiences and help you understand more about the quirks and bizarre subtleties of New Zealand’s natural history.
- We hike, birdwatch, and educate people about New Zealand nature.
- We work with Todd Couper, an internationally regarded contemporary carver.
- Our tours are about enjoying a great day out in stunning places, not physical challenges.
- Delicious deli lunches are provided.
Why Bird in New Zealand?
- Birding day trips across New Zealand
- An unforgettable experience for all birders
- Stunning scenery
- 300+ species
- North and South Island options
- Great pelagic trips
- See a representative of New Zealand’s six endemic families (wrens, kiwi, wattlebirds, parrots, stitchbirds, mohouas). Check out the birds here.
- Numerous endangered species
- Expert guides (our guides or our partners from the New Zealand Birding Network)
- Options from one to eight days